Saturday, December 31, 2011

2012

Well, by the time you read this, it will probably be 2012. WOW~ I was just impressed that I made it to my youngest's 16th birthday...and he does not even have his drivers learners permit yet! (please pray for me! lolol) So, here is a bit of ...transparency! 2012 is going to HAVE to be more organized in my house...and I'm declaring it "The Year of UFOs and Scrappy Quilts"! ( do you think if I make a 'Declaration' it will stick better? I sure HOPE so!) I have signed up for a UFO challenge over at Patchwork Times. She suggests you pick 12 UFOs and number them. Each month she will pick a number, and you are to work on the UFO that has been tagged with that number. I"m not going to be that organized. I already realize that some months will be WAY busier than others. I plan to pick accordingly. Hopefully, on the less busy months, I can work on the UFO I will get credit for in a busy month! (clear as mud? sorry!)

So HERE is the transparency:


THIS is the current state of my sewing room. (Lucy's room (aka the long arm room) is a BIT better and could be usable in about 10 mins time.)



cutting area (this would be a  HUGE area, IF I can get the fabric put away!

Ironing table

Sewing table with machine (hiding behind that empty drawer)

design wall
(this is not the January UFO pick, but I AM working on it.)

here is a close up.
Yes, they are ALL blueberry fabrics.
its one of my oldest UFOS
its MINE
:-D


Tomorrow I have an idea about a sew along..and a give away! Are you ready to join me in de-scrapping?
See you tomorrow.
(oh, I KNOW your kind, You are probably cleaning up YOUR sewing area JUSt to show me up, arent' you?!! Thats ok, maybe it will wear off on me!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Happy happy New Year, Beth! LOL I thought you had posted pictures of MY sewing room on YOUR blog... :/ :D (and you can toss that 'blueberry' UFO this way. ;) Oh the good intentions that I have for 2012..... :d

Chocolate Cat said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! I am planning on having my sewing mojo back this year and like you actually achieving something!!! I have decided to choose 7 projects and work on one a day (even if it is for as little as 15 minutes)each week until they are finished and then I can replace them. I probably have enough WIPs that I could do this all year!! Lets see how we go!

Andi said...

Very brave of you to post pics of your sewing room! I was inspired yesterday and folded all the piles on my floor. We'll see how long it stays that way... I am resisting an idea for a big quilt to commemorate my college 20yr reunion. Gotta focus on those UFOs!!