Thursday, April 19, 2007

lost camera cord!

I have misplaced about 5 'absolute MUST HAVES' including the cord to recharge my digital camera...and my GOOD SEWING SCISSORS :::deep slow breath::: I did find the charging cord (and I promptly put a label on it so I know what it is next time!). All I can say about the scissors is that I'm glad I do most of my cutting with a rotary cutter!

My little sewer was here yesterday. I think I'm having a bad influence on her....::sniff::: Last week we shopped at the local JoAnns for her next project. Many weeks we cannot get out to shop, so the thinking was that we would have a project or two to work on without another trip. She is working on a Chinese Coin baby quilt (picture when she gets sashing in between) with pjs and a surprise for her mom to follow. She came in yesterday..." I know what I want to do for my next project!" What?...One of the teacher's wife is going to have a baby. Can we do a baby quilt?...Sure...when is the baby due? "oh in about a WEEK!" FAINT! (Can you say U F O!!??) Luckily for ME, I remembered what I call a 'cheater' I Spy. The fabrics in the blocks are all different, but they are not the hexagonal shape of the original I Spy quilt. I had a pile of sqs cut and she was able to pick from that. I only had to cut a few more along with the corner sqs while she sewed what was already to go. Here are the blocks on the design wall:










We paid no mind to directional prints...so any way is the right way on this quick quilt. After I trimmed off the corner triangles, frugal quilter I am...I sewed them up quick (yes all 50!)












you know it takes so little to amuse me...I used both sides of my ¼ inch foot and 'nested' the points of these as I chain stitched. I have been frustrated before trying to get the points of triangles as close together as I can ..only to find I have actually sewed them together...As I said...easily amused!












Tomorrow I will show you what I have been using as my take along project. My son is doing two sports at once. Not many afternoons at home at the sewing machine!

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Never thought of using both sides of my presser foot! Must try this on my next chain stitching project! What a good MOM!

Beth said...

Wow, I never thought of doing that, either. Beth, you're a credit to OUR name! LOL!
And I think it's a cool quilt!