Happy New Year

I hope you have a healthy happy New Year. Mine started quietly enough. They just passed a law recently in AZ that you can buy fireworks. Just the kind that stay on the ground. I was anticipating staying up for a couple hours with nervous dogs. I stationed myself with the wooden shutters closed and the TV on in the sewing room. By 1 however, I heard nothing so 4 sets of 4 paws followed me into the bedroom and we all proceeded to sleep in! NICE!

We woke up to frosty temps! My DH saw a bit of ice yesterday morning, so I had to go out and see if we had any today...



This is the view out of the back door....




Getting closer! Anyone want lemons? This poor tree is crying for us to pick some! A couple limbs look like they are about to break. By the time we harvest this, we won't need to trim any...looks like it needs a haircut badly doesn't it? My dad just drools over this tree when he visits. Too bad I cannot send more home with him on the plane!









This is the corner of the 'pond' that magically appears when we have a hard rain. We had a hard LENGTHY rain a couple days ago. The ground is so hard, it cannot absorb this much water too fast. Takes a couple days of no moisture to see a difference. This is about half of what it was when it stopped raining. ICE!



You cannot see this well, but the whole thing had a covering of ice. Didn't take much to melt the thin stuff, but the corner with the rake was icy most of the morning. This is one of only a couple days a year I wish I had a fireplace!



I'm off to the laundry room...I have MOUNDS to do today! That and play in the sewing room....THAT I like!

Comments

Chocolate Cat said…
New Years Eve was one of the days I wish we had air conditioning!!! Hope our lemon tree produces like yours does, we need to buy them at the moment and they are super expensive! Hope you had fun in the sewing room once the laundry was done.
Michele said…
Happy new year - ours was [relatively] warm!

I used your roll recipe again tonight - our family calls them the "good rolls" and really loves them.
Anne Ida said…
Happy new year, Beth!

Popular Posts