Design Wall Monday Aug 27, 2012

Can you believe we are in the last week of August ALREADY? Well, I can! Drew has started his 3rd full week of school..and none too soon for me. That kid was getting BORED!

Here is what I am working on this week:



On  the design wall is a baby quilt with a camping/out door theme, lots of orphan/UFO blocks (the feathered star, sq with in a sq and Night and Day), and a couple blocks from the Christmas Town Sampler. I have more that are in various stages. They are just not quite done and ready for hang up.
This is a tote I am making for me. All that is left is the binding around the outside edges. I will
use that as a take along project for the week.

Here is a close up of the pocket. I looked and looked for pre-quilted fabric. There is not much out there and it ALL looks alike. I have had this crossword quilt fabric for a long time. It will probably make it into a vest (I collect vest fab...but dont' make many vests!), but it was perfect for the pocket.
The green dot came from Hobby Lobby and I quilted it all on Lucy. She did a very nice job! I just followed the lines of the crosswords, and then cut out the pieces when I was done. The green is quilted in my version of Judi's Feather swirl. To see a video tutorial, head over to The Green Fairy.
 
 
Thanks for visiting today and be sure to head over to Design Wall Monday at Judy L's to see what everyone else has been up to!

Comments

You have a great looking design wall but the bag is "the best". Love the crossword puzzle fabric.

Popular Posts