Still no sign of Rookie. numerous trips to the pound, walking in a different area each evening near dusk (walking his 'brother' for BAIT!),more signs/posters, talking to everyone. I did kind of break down this morning. I was on my way to have my hair cut, and decided to drop off a flyer at my vets office. Its the closest to my house anyway. I had to wait for one of those lights that are triggered by your car, so it took a couple of minutes. As I sat there, I looked across the street and saw black and white fur. I did make it across at the light, parked the car, and got out to look. Same coloring < black with border collie white markings:line down the nose/muzzle, white feet and tip of tail. I was crying so hard by now, one of the men in the neighborhood came over to see if I was ok. It was a female dog...my Rookie is a neutered male. False alarm. I was still puffy and sniffling at the vets office. They were very nice and posted my flyer. I won't give up easily!

I will be posting the 2nd step of the sew along soon. I had planned to do it on Monday, but I'm just so distracted! You should see the house! Just about the last bit of clean clothes I have ON, little food in the fridge and the house is a WRECK! I need to get going on this commission quilt...Maybe it will help me keep focused.

Thanks for all the good wishes. back to checking all the online ad places...

Comments

Tanya said…
Oh dear. I've been praying for Rookie and was so hoping that today's post you'd say you'd found him... Don't give up.
Gina said…
I was hoping today would have been good news. Hopefully tomorrow

love and hugs Gina xxx
Amanda said…
Oh, poor you, you must be feeling so wretched. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some good news soon.
Angie said…
Oh Beth....Oh Sh*t, Beth!!! I am SOOO sorry!! Oh, I do hope he makes it home soon! Sending hugs and prayers and a very strong shoulder to cry on, my friend!
Chocolate Cat said…
That isn't the news I was hoping to hear. Thinking of you and the family and still hoping.....

Popular Posts