Weary...

Yesterday, I took my soon to be 7th grader, to Meet the Teacher (read: see all my buddies!). After, he 'convinced' me that we needed to go to the Diamondback game, so we went straight to the game from school. During the game, we saw the lightening and heard the THUNDER, so we knew we would be more than damp when we got back to the car. Not so bad..we were DAMP not soaked. But the bad news hit us when we came in the back door to only





THIS face. He was, not surprisingly, panicked from the storm, panting but, VERY glad to see us. Took us a few minutes of checking EVERY room (even the ones with closed doors...above terrier face can open some, so they occasionally get STUCK in a closed room....:::SIGH::::)




This is the face we are missing. The door from the kids bathroom to the outside was not locked well (raising her hand...I was hanging sheets out there ) and the storm blew the door open. Funny thing tho, the door from the bathroom to the hallway was shut, so it must have trapped the lab in the bathroom..but the terrier in the house. Needless to say, I got very little sleep last night. I was out past midnight...up till 2...and awake again at around 5. I doubt if I will get much sewing done today, but I hope to at least do a couple loads of laundry.


maybe soon we will see



THIS again. :::Crossing her fingers::::

Comments

Jen said…
Noooo say it ain't so!! I've got my fingers crossed. Do you have a good neighborhood where everyone will help look?
Jeanne said…
Looks like he has a collar on so hopefully that will help bring him back home. I sure hope so.
Amalee Issa said…
Beth,

I've just found a blog that you might like http://lyzpreus.blogspot.com/
- she does quilting but calls it stitching. Either way, both you and she are gifted.

Amalee
Tanya said…
Oh no! PLEASE Lord, send that doggie home to where he's supposed to be!

I really ache for you. I'll be praying until I hear you've found him.
Deb A said…
Oh no! I hope you have found him or he has returned home by now.

I'm writing down the step one instructions and hope to go pull fabric and do some cutting before Aidan wakes up. Will let you know how it goes.
Mary Johnson said…
Beth, I hope you've found he already. Fingers crossed here that he gets home today.
Chocolate Cat said…
I am feeling for you and hoping by the time I write this that he is already safe and sound and back home. I have my fingers and toes crossed xx
Karen said…
I hope you find your dog!
I was reading your comment about the Red Sox quilt. I bought some fabric a few years ago that looks like tickets - luckily I bought a couple of yards because I love baseball. I hear the MLB is very tight on their trademark licensing and it is hard to find MLB fabric. It has all the teams on it but is outdated - Expos instead of Nationals. Maybe I could snip out some Sox for you :)
Marla said…
Just read this post and so sorry to see such sadness. I assume from your lack of followup post that your doggy is still missing. I would bet a kind family is taking very good care of him right now! So sorry for your loss.

Popular Posts