Monday, January 23, 2012

Design Wall Monday Jan 23

Good morning! How was your weekend? Mine was fairly quiet. Remind me of that when we have 2 boys in at least 3 sports! I'm sure you will hear about it!

On Saturday night we went to see the US Men's soccer team play Venezuela in a friendly match. They are getting ready for pool play to qualify for the World Cup. They played it the Cardinals football stadium...with the ROOF open! I only had my sweatshirt jacket on...so I had to go look for a cup of coffee. I was never FREEZING..but it was SO windy outside. I am working on being hoarse this morning, so wondering if that is why. It was a good game. We had 13 shots on goal to their 3, but didn't score till stoppage time at the end of the game. I forgot my camera, so only got one shot of the field on my phone. No idea how to get it OFF the phone! Final score? USA 1- Venezuela 0. A good time was had by all the occupants in MY car. (oh, well NOT the 20 mins we SAT in line in the parking lot not moving an INCH. What a lesson in patience! The 16 yr old NON DRIVER sitting next to me giving me advise didn't help much either!)

Here is what I'm working on today:





The request was a baby quilt. When I asked boy or girl, not known. I asked colors or theme
and was told Dr Seuss. Love it!



I found a FQ pack and also purchased some yardage

here is the backing. I used up the fq I didn't use on the front with a few pieces left over. My  favorite are the two with all the names of the books!. Now to get it loaded and quilted. Hopefully that will happen today. I have to clean off the long arm and get it all oiled.

Head on over to Judy's Design Wall Monday to see what others are up to today!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

My husband and sons were at the soccer game on Saturday as well.
I got to stay home with the granddaughter which suited me just fine!
Love the Dr. Suess quilt!

Mary said...

How fun! I didn't think to put the zigs right next to each other, but I could see doing a light to dark in a couple of colors. I might have to try that next. Mary