an experiment...gone RIGHT!


I have been eyeing Judy's QOV sew along for February. I really have NO BUSINESS starting something new, but there it is! Its pretty, its RWB and gold...oooh! It looks like FUN! OK, so now you know I already have my fabrics picked out! HA! Here is my dilemma: The 1st step is flying geese...and with a different color on each corner. Here is how I figured it out! THIS is my favorite way to make flying geese. I get good results..and NO fabric left over. Literally, you have nothing left over unless you trim off dog ears and square up a bit. The problem is that you get two of each:
                                                                           #1



#2

I only need #2s.

   This is how you  lay out the squares in the original method. I need color placement! Here is how I fixed it.
.
 Cut all 5 squares on the diagonal. To get your size, refer to the link above on my favorite method.
                                                                                                                  place one triangle on each end, matching the points on the END. In the middle they will overlap, that is OK. Sew your regular 1/4 inch, being gentle with the bias edges!                                                                                         
 press GENTLY towards the triangles



cut on the diagonal, matching up the point on the bottom to the dip between the colored triangles.
                                                add the appropriate color on the other side

VOILA! 4 flying geese with the color in the RIGHT PLACE!

                                                              and nothing left over. Heaven!

(just FYI, Blogger is not playing nice today. That is why the text it all over the place! If you have any questions, just e-mail me!)




   

Comments

Popular Posts