Roll Recipe

Michele asked VERY nicely for the roll recipe. This happens to be a bread maker recipe, but I'm sure the ingredients would work by hand as well.

Basic Dinner rolls:
7 1/2 oz(3/4 cup +3TBSP) water (90-100degrees - in other words WARM not hot)
3 cups bread flour
2 TBSPs dry milk
3 1/2 TBSPs sugar
1 tsp salt
3 TBSPs butter or margarine
2 tsps active dry yeast
OR 1 1/2 tsps bread machine/fast rise yeast

Add water to pan
Add flour, dry milk,sugar and salt. Tap pan to settle dry ingredients.Place butter
in corners of the pan.

make small indent (or well) in dry ingredients. add yeast in the middle.

set bread maker to DOUGH.

When done, take dough out of bread maker. Put it on a floured surface and
let rest for 15 mins. Cut as desired (I use a round cookie cutter). Place on
greased cookie sheets and let rise in a warm draft free place until doubled
in size. (45- mins to an hour usually) Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for
15-20 minutes or until golden brown. brush tops with butter/margarine.


These can be made into cloverleaves/crescent/breadsticks. I can tell you how
to shape them ...just ask. Also the recipe says 15 mins baking. I set my timer
for 11 mins and look. I think my oven is getting old, but mine are done WAY
before 15 mins. I use Sam's Club flour and yeast. Let me know how yours turn out!






The camera problem has been diagnosed by a friend who is a photography teacher!
Thanks R! My sweet husband ordered me a new camera, but of COURSE I clicked on
'FREE SHIPPING". That added 3-5 business days to the shipping! Don't they KNOW
I need pictures for my BLOG??? Wait till you see the auction quilt! OH MY! I may
have to make another one for ME...Hope to be back later with pictures :::Running
out to the mailbox to see if the postman brought me a goodie::::

Comments

Michele said…
Thank you! Even BETTER that it's a bread machine recipe - I use mine for making dough all the time, but not for baking the loaves.

Popular Posts