Monday, July 15, 2013

design wall monday

I have been working HARD on getting my sewing room
organized so that I can work in there fairly undistracted (HA!).
I came across 3 of these tops. I guess I had planned to use the black dot for the border.
Its not hitting me right anymore.
Any suggestions? I do have some of the dots I could piece as a border.
I was thinking maybe a border of white with random lengths of the same
width of the dot for a 2nd border.
Suggestions welcome!
 
 
 

 
close up of the Lego block with
the black dot pinned on.
 
 
Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

sam said...

These look like Krazy Ikes to me rather than Legos .. but then they were toys from the '50s ... long before you were born. I want to suggest a solid border rather than more dots ... to give the eye a resting place. I love this quilt top!

sammi

PugMom said...

This quilt is great! My nephew loves Lego. Your own original design?
Nancy

Queenie Believe said...

Perhaps a white on white dot boarder. Atually, I'm leaning toward no boarder at all with a pieced stripe binding? Its a really fun quilt!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Valerie Wray @ Split-Site PhD said...

I think I would get rid of the polka dot border and instead opt for a solid black border. I think there is just too much polka dots and different patterns going around that it is making people dizzy.

http://online-phd-uk.co.uk/