how about a scrappy project?

I was looking for a project that would not need to be quilted! I'm really a piecer at heart, so I am not ABLE to just quilt quilt quilt. I NEED piecing to be happy! This little project will satisfy the piecer in me...and NOT add to my pieced top pile!



Start with some adding machine tape. I would NOT suggest you go buy any! I could only find a PACK of like 12 rolls! I have been GIVING it away to my quilt group! If you can find ONE roll..ok...otherwise, cut your own. An old phone book works well...
now just sew and flip on your paper. You decide how long you want...you CAN sew strips together. You don't want them TOO terribly long. They are too unwieldy and get in the way.


here is the same strip with that piece flipped back and finger pressed...



Here are all my completed strips lined up. I will sew them together tomorrow...I usually trim up the sides


Tomorrow I will show you what I use to press...I HATE to have to get up for every little seam. On a project like this, I just 'finger press" but I have some gadgets to help. I will also show you my strips sewn together, and what they look like when I'm trimming them up. I think I will make this into a tote. My friend used hers for blocks. She used all the same size, but paper pieced just like this on adding machine paper. See you tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by...

Comments

Joyce said…
What a good idea to use adding machine tape. I often see it in our local thrift shop. I guess they all use computers instead now. I'm sure it will soon disappear altogether so don't give all of yours away!
Angie said…
Hi Beth! I've been thinking about you and Quilting Daze there on the Surface of the Sun---the 100+ temps. :( I'm glad to see that you are staying as cool as you can. I'm starting to think I live next door to you LOL....dry, dry, dry and HOT. :/ Thanks for the little tutorial with the adding machine paper...a most excellent idea! :)
Amelia said…
What a great idea...and I have adding machine paper already.
Great idea! I love how they look together!

Popular Posts