This is the head line from yesterday's newspaper...



yes..that DOES say 7 straight days of 110° heat...and yes...it was the 1st day of summer. Don't feel TOO sorry for us...you have fireplaces for when you are stuck indoors..and we have a pool. Somedays I go more than once! And you use your heaters more to compare with our A/C use. I'm not saying I LOVE it when its hot, but it is just a fact of life here like snow and ice are facts of life in Minnesota!


I feel pretty fortunate that we live pretty quietly in the summer..so not TONS of reasons to go out in the heat of the day. We are still doing Little League as my son made the All Star team. Practices are later...after 7pm..but with no place to go early in the mornings, it works out fine. We DID get paper work for the new school year yesterday. I thought my son was going to come unglued! School does not start till August 11th, but we also got out on May 22nd. It all evens out in the wash...

No quilty stuff to report...after church, I watched the Diamondbacks get beat..>AGAIN. SO frustrating when they were lights out early in the season..now we KNOW they can do better! Dinner in the oven...so I will give up the computer and hit the studio. See you tomorrow!

Comments

Gina said…
I couldn't cope with that heat. The highest we've ever been over here in Wales is mid nineties and that was bad enough. Just give me the cold as I'm definitely a winter person.

love and hugs xxx
Deb A said…
Glad you are ok with the heat. It helps having A/C in the house...wish I had it when we had our hot spell. I'll take snowstorms any day of the week...a good reason to stay in a quilt.
Oh, our schools just got out last week and go back the last week of August...

Popular Posts