Thursday's progress

It is so nice to really have nothing pressing (I'm not talking about QUILTY pressing!) to do ...or anyplace to go. I spent the day puttering about. I did do some laundry and started working on the computer room. I'm trying to go room to room and dust/vacuum/dejunk/generally spruce up this house. It is nice when my husband comes home and remarks that he can see a difference!

Mr Murphy seems to have left for now. Here is what I was working on yesterday:

You match up these strips (these were the ones I miss ironed the other day..when MURPHY was here...), sew on both sides, making a tube
cut them apart in triangles
Dontcha just LOVE everyday magic! (No not the kind of magic you are thinking about! Just little things that tickle your imagination!)
VOILA! A stained glass block. Tomorrow I will draw a name for my 15,000 blogger give away...and show you some of the chocolate/pink stained glass blocks...

bye bye

Comments

Patti said…
Years and years ago I did an Amish quilt this way - I think the block is called Sunshine and Shadows. It was a great way to make the block - only catch was not stretching the bias when sewing the blocks together.
Patti said…
Years and years ago I did an Amish quilt this way - I think the block is called Sunshine and Shadows. It was a great way to make the block - only catch was not stretching the bias when sewing the blocks together.
Anonymous said…
those are really cute Love the simple way it worked. Love the Mrs. Murphy explanation. Am going to have to use it. It happens regularly in my quilt studio. But i guess that the broken elbows will keep her away. Not doing much right now.

Oleqwilter
Very cool! I can't wait to see what your stained glass window ends up looking like!

Popular Posts