I got the blues...

I'm kinda blue this weekend. I know why...just not quite what to do about it. I'm cocooning in my sewing room and tying up some loose ends in the house. Hopefully , keeping my hands occupied will keep my brain from working too hard! If I'm not ready for the high road, I will just stay home....

I dont get too many magazines. Two I DO get and read from cover to cover are Readers Digest and Guidepost. I like the Quotes from famous people in RD. This one caught my eye today:

Sexiness wears thin after a while, and beauty fades, but to be married to a man who makes you laugh every day, ah, now that's a real treat.

Joanne Woodward



I DO think that if I looked at Paul Newman everyday, I could give a LITTLE on the humor end! rotlf

Nothing quilty to report...I have not wandered in the sewing room ...YET..but here I go! Maybe I will have something to show...and a clean table to brag on in a bit..






Since I hate to write a blog without a picture, I will show you my only (so far) QOV. I did take a class for this, but it was really my 1st stashbusting effort. I bought 3 1/2 yds (that is three HALF yards..not three AND a half yards!)to complete this quilt and used them all up. Everything else, including the border, binding and backing came from my stash. I have two more kitted out. I think this would make a GREAT leaders/enders...and a great place to practice my quilting efforts! See you in a bit...

Comments

Tanya said…
Well, I suppose we could be blue together. I'm not my perkiest right now either. The only two magazines that my mother sends me are RD and Guideposts too. I guess those are the only one's SHE reads.
Norma said…
Hope you have cheered up some with the new week. Have something nice and gooey and calorie laden! Always works for me!

Popular Posts