Turkey Lasagna

I promised another leftover recipe...I made this today, to cook for tomorrow's Lunch Bunch. We do a pot luck/sew in once a month. I'm the 'hostess' this month..but all that means is that I bring the main dish. I almost brougth a bucket of KFC chicken..but I will do that in the summer when it is as hot as the sun out and there is NO cooking going on in my kitchen!Here is the recipe with pictures. I will post the whole thing at the end as well in case you want to copy/paste it to print it out.






Mix together in a large bowl:
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
I cup sour cream
1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
4 cups diced cooked turkey
1/4 chopped pimento, drained well
1 cup coarsley chopped black olives
(I use sliced ones...your preference)
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 tsp garlic salt




Cook 12 lasagna noodle. Drain well...

Now you just layer as a usual lasagna. Start with the mixture, then grated cheese (I like Co-jack the best) One recipe says 5 cups...one says 2 cups! SOMEBODY likes cheese! I just grated up an 8 oz block..used what I needed and saved the rest for snacks.
Here it is completed. I will refrigerate this till tomorrow...and bake them to take.
I know this looks small..I did mine this time in 8X8 pans. I think they will be easier to take. Also if I need to reheat them, the microwave in the quilt shop is small. These should fit in there just right. I usually use a 9X13.
Bake for 40-50 mins (add 15 mins if refridgerated.) or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 mins before serving.


Don't forget to call your 'Hoover' to make sure you have not dropped anything! I didn't think I was that messy of a cook until my ds snapped this picture! Sweet funny dog! Note the toy in waiting also..JUST in case!


Here is the recipe just as printed:

Turkey Lasagna

12 lasagna noodles
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 c. dairy sour cream
1c grated parmesan cheese
4 c. diced cooked turkey
1/4 c. chopped pimento
1 c. coarsely
chopped black olives
1 c. finely chopped onion
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
5 c. shredded colby, American or co-jack cheese

Cook noodles according to package directions, drain.

Combine remaining ingredinents except 5 c. of cheese. Spread 1/4 of
turkey mixture over bottom of 13X9 baking dish. Alternate 3 layers of
noodles, turkey mixture, and cheese, ending with cheese. Bake at 350
degrees for 40-50 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Note: May be made ahead and refrigerated until ready to bake. Add 15
minutes to baking time.

Comments

Popular Posts